Trauma-Informed Care & Practice - Level 2
|Date:||Tuesday 16th April, 2019|
|Time:||9am to 4.30pm|
|Venue:||Professional Teachers' Council NSW, Ground Level, 67-73 St Hilliers Rd (entry via Hall Street), Auburn, NSW|
Refer to listing
- 2019 April 16 Trauma Informed Care Practice Level 2 Flyer.pdf (809.8 kB)
- PTC Training Rooms_Detailed location map.pdf (121.4 kB)
02 9615 4005
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
7.5 CPD hours
*Can count towards AASW Mental Health Accreditation CPD requirements*
This one-day interactive professional development training builds on the principles of trauma-informed care and practice explored in the Trauma-informed Care and Practice Level 1 workshop.
The training will foster insights and skills needed to work relationally with trauma survivors. A relational approach highlights strategic connection and collaboration as building blocks for resilience and the development of self-regulation skills.
The training will equip participants with the knowledge and tools to create safe situations in the context of complex personal, interpersonal, and environmental influences. Skill development focuses on the particular experiences and needs of survivors, is evidence based, person-centred and practical.
The training will also explore participants’ roles in fostering sector development. This includes the use of psych- education to promote trauma-informed care and practice within their organisations, with sector partners and other stakeholders, including support people and families.
Learning Outcomes Include
- Understand developmental tasks, trauma adaptations and attachment dynamics
- Understand the criticality of relationship when working with people who have experienced complex trauma, and apply this to case scenarios
- Apply the 5 Principles of Trauma Informed Care and Practice in your role and in your workplace
- Perform a client walk-through of your service
- Perform a trauma informed practice audit
A light lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be provided. Please inform AASW NSW of any dietary requirements at the time of registration.
|Early Bird (ends COB 22/02/2019)|
|AASW Members: $230||$200|
|AASW Student Members: $150||$135|