Join the Australian Association of Social Workers and become part of an active and vibrant professional community of more than 16,000 fellow members committed to maintaining high standards, ethical practice and ongoing professional development. Benefit from a range of products and services designed to help you learn, grow and evolve throughout your social work career.
Find out more about the benefits of being a member in the video below:
We look forward to welcoming you to our member community.
Are you eligible for membership?
Membership of the AASW is available to applicants holding either an AASW approved social work qualification from an Australian tertiary institution or qualifications from overseas that have been recognised by the AASW as comparable to an AASW approved social work qualification. Find out more.
Free upgrade for graduates!
If you are a student member and you have graduated, you can upgrade your membership for free.
Simply follow the steps below.
- Apply online as if you were a brand-new member
- Select the appropriate branch, then click on ‘Signup’
- Once you start entering information in your details, it should be recognised and automatically populated (if not, enter your member number as above)
- Complete the signup form details, including uploading a certified copy of either your official academic transcript, degree certificate, eQuals link or letter of completion from the university (see notes attached)
- Click submit at the bottom of the form to proceed to the billing area
- Check page details then ‘Proceed to step 4’
- Enter voucher number ‘15’ in the voucher area, then click on ‘Proceed to step 5’ and ‘Submit order’.
Call us on 03 9320 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble.
How to join or reinstate a previous membership
Joining online is quick and easy! Follow the prompts in the 'Join online now' link below
For more information, please refer to the Membership team at email@example.com or on 03 9320 1000.