Ethics Complaint Management Process
An updated and strengthened AASW Ethics Complaints Management Process (ECMP) became operational from 7 October 2020.
The core changes to the revised ECMP include the following:
- A broader remit to address low and mid-level allegations, as well as allegations of serious professional misconduct
- Provisions for mediation and early conciliation
- Strengthened processes to ensure more timely and effective management of complaints, including a newly appointed Ethics Council.
Further information about the AASW Ethics Complaint Management Process is located here.
- Complaint and Confidentiality forms
- Refer to the updated AASW By-Laws on Ethics 2019
- Review the Ethics Complaints Management Process flowchart
- AASW Code of Ethics (2020)
The AASW Ethics Office may provide further information about the complaints process.
However, the Ethics Office cannot provide advice or opinions regarding the potential jurisdiction or suitability of your complaint matter, or any information regarding the potential resolution or outcomes specific to your complaint.
The Ethics Complaints Team can be contacted at email@example.com or via telephone 03 9320 1044.