The Scope of Social Work Practice
The Scope of Practice series articulates and promotes the role of professional social workers within fields of practice, and provides information about what employers and clients can expect. Each document has been developed in consultation with social work leaders and practitioners.
Scope of Social Work Practice - fields
- School social work
- Social work in homelessness
- Social work in family violence
- Social work in hospitals
- Social work with refugees
Currently being reviewed and updated
These documents are being updated and are now only suitable as historical documents.
- Social work in child protection
- Australian Defence Force (ADF) Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Social work in health
- Social work leadership and management
- Social work in mental health
- Social work in disability
- Social work in aged care
- Social work and psychosocial assessments
- Social work and case management
Who can use them?
Social workers, policy makers, managers and academics can use the documents in the Scope of Social Work Practice series to articulate and promote the role of professional social workers in a particular field.
The Scope of Social Work Practice series is dynamic so we welcome suggestions for the development of future versions. Please send your feedback to the AASW Social Policy team
Series developed and written by:
Dr Sebastian Cordoba
Social Policy and Advocacy - AASW
You do not have permission to view this category.