National Suicide Prevention Conference 2018
|Date:||23 - 27 July 2018|
|CPD hrs:||91 hours of sessions, of which delegates can attend up to 30.5 hours, depending on their program selection.|
|Organiser:||Suicide Prevention Australia Ltd|
Suicide Prevention Australia (SPA) presents the annual National Suicide Prevention Conference to benefit those who are working in, and supported by, suicide prevention programs. Attracting over 500 delegates, the conference is recognised by governments, sector leaders and people with lived experience as an important vehicle for ensuring that those with responsibility for delivering services, are able to provide the best available support to those who are vulnerable, at-risk and/or disenfranchised in a timely and effective manner.
- Increase sector commitment to participate in a collaborative approach to suicide prevention
- Enhance community participation in suicide prevention activities
- Facilitate the continuation and development of quality suicide prevention initiatives
- Key Elements of the Conference
- Plenary sessions showcasing the best work from around the globe and in Australia.
- Recognising the importance of the voice of lived experience, the Program will have strong representation from people with a lived experience of suicide.
- Abstract presentations highlighting the intersection of research, policy, practice and lived experience.
- LiFE Awards ceremony
- In-depth workshops alongside the conference
- Members’ forum
- Engagement with and for PHNs
Scientia Professor Helen Christensen
Emeritus Professor Robert Goldney
Dr. Kathryn Turner
Date & venue
23 - 27 July 2018
Adelaide Convention Bureau
Adelaide SA 5000
Full rate: $1200
SPA Members: $975
One day: $575
Two day: $875
Pre/Post-Conference Workshops: $150