The New South Wales Branch, with over 3,500 members, is supported by a voluntary Branch Management Committee elected by the Branch membership.
The Branch’s key role is to provide local support for AASW members through a range of activities that enable members to network, develop practice skills and organise around social justice issues. The Branch Management Committee provides the conduit for communications between members in NSW and the broader National Association.
The New South Wales Branch delivers value to members via several channels:
- Advocating for social justice issues relevant to social workers and their service users
- Collaborating with members to build a stronger voice for the profession in NSW
- Focusing on issues and priorities identified by our members
- Monitoring the news and potential impacts on the profession
- Developing and promoting Continuing Professional Development opportunities
- Supporting members to organise around common interests through Practice Groups.
The voluntary Branch Management Committee members have a wealth of knowledge and experience, working within varying sectors of the community, and offer support and representation for Social Worker members within the region.
Please contact the NSW Branch if you would like to get involved or bring any issues to the attention of the Branch Management Committee at NSW.BranchPresident@aasw.asn.au.
New South Wales Branch
Branch Quick Links
The AASW is going to Mardi Gras!!
Saturday 25 February 2023, 4.00pm
Registrations are now open - numbers are very limited so if you are keen please register ASAP!
NSW Branch Services Coordinator
Ph: 03 9320 1000 or 1800 630 124 (toll free alternative)
Connect with us on:
1 February 2023
2 February 2023
8 Feb 2023
25 February 2023
15 March 2023