AASW ACT is an active Branch with over 400 members that is managed by a voluntary Branch Management Committee (BMC) elected by the membership, and staffed part-time. Find out who we are, what we do, and how to become involved.
2 October 2021 is Mental Health Month - Come along to contribute and/or to listen in the discussion about mental health in the social worker space.
7 October 2021
Join us for a Virtual Trivia Night and Networking
Now is the time to nominate yourself or a colleague in the profession's most prestigious awards!
The National Excellence Awards will acknowledge social workers who exemplify the best of the profession's values, achievements and accomplishments. We know our members are doing groundbreaking and vital work with vulnerable Australians. You are at the forefront of addressing society's most pressing issues.
Submit nominations by Friday, 22 October 2021 at 5.00pm AEDT.
Branch Management Committee - Vacancies
Can you spare a few hours a month towards influencing Social Work in the Australian Capital Territory?
We are currently seeking pro-active, passionate AASW members to fill vacancies on the ACT Branch Management Committee (BMC).
What the BMC do:
Planning activities of the ACT Branch:
- joining committees / working parties for projects
- 1- 2 hours per week including a monthly meeting
- create the events you and your peers want to experience!
- raise the voice of social work by participation in agency / advisory meetings (usually monthly)
- gather input from members on key ACT issues for our profession
- influence social policy discussions by contributing a voice of experience!
What is involved:
- you must be a member of the AASW
- the BMC meets once a month on a Wednesday from 5.30pm - 6.30pm via Zoom
- if you have an area of interest or expertise you may be asked to represent the AASW ACT Branch to help advocate Social Work by assisting in writing a submission or sit on a working party
- even if you are not available now to offer your interest to the BMC there are several positions becoming vacant in November at the ACT AMM you may like to consider volunteering.
If you wish to discuss your interest please contact the ACT Branch via email.
Branch Quick Links
- ACT pre-budget questionnaire details (78.6 kB)
ACT Branch Services Coordinator
Connect with us on:
21 September 2021
Saturday, 02 October 2021
13 October 2021
19 October 2021