> Events > Browse by Branch/Location > Online > Walk in their shoes - understanding families and other carers affected by mental illness
Walk in their shoes - understanding families and other carers affected by mental illness
|CPD Category:||2 - Skills and Knowledge|
AASW members: $99
AASW student members: $49
This presentation explores the issues impacting families and carers, and how social workers may assist with their navigation of complex mental health problems and systems.
- identification of the issues for families and carers affected by mental illness
- exploration of relevant family and carer assessment tools
- assisting families to engage with treatment teams
- issues in progressing personal and clinical recovery journeys
- understanding of the nature of grief and loss for families affected by mental illness
- self care strategies for families and carers
- develop clarity about the social work role in mental health care
Susan Hunt, BSW, is currently a PHD student with UQ researching consumer, family and carer participation in mental health services. Susan has managed and worked clinically in the public sector and community sectors in: forensic mental health, prison mental health, community mental health and acute inpatient services. Susan has worked clinically with families and carers in both rural and urban areas.
Lauri Andriske, BSW, has worked in a variety of rural and urban practice settings in WA, Victoria, NSW and QLD. Lauri has provided social work services in hospitals, community health, local government, rehabilitation and mental health. Lauri also has post graduate training in management (QUT), Family Law Mediation (QUT), Social Research Methods (UQ), Professional Supervision and Cert. IV in Training and Assessment (TAE IV).
CPD for Credentials
This course can be claimed under Mental Health for CPD purposes, consistent with the CPD Goals and Hours Requirements.
Find out more today about opportunities to have your specialised social work skills recognised.
AASW Student Members: $49
AASW Members: $99
Register for access by following the link to the right. Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email - please read this email carefully, as it provides your access to the online course.