Grampians Region Social Work Practice Group
Pictured right: View of mountain range at Reed Lookout, Mount Victory Road. Courtesy of Tourism Victoria.
Gabriel Douglas- Haynes
To provide support for social workers in the Grampians region to network and create a space for professional support and development. The group will align with the objectives and guidance as stated in the AASW By-Laws.
- Promoting the social work profession within our region and AASW membership
- Offering training and education opportunities for social workers in the Grampians region
- Supporting social work students and social workers moving into this region
- Exploring and facilitating social work networking opportunities
- Providing active link with local universities and employers in providing support network for social workers
- Media contact/liaison regarding social work issues in local community in consultation with ASSW Vic Branch
- Following through and encouraging practice standards, supervision guidelines, feedback to BMC regarding local experiences and proposing changes as needed
- Offering CPD activities and links with other human services organisations and other professional bodies and strengthening partnerships with them to promote the social work profession
- Function as a peer group in which contemporary professional issues can be discussed
- Plan, develop and feedback to AASW on a regular basis reflecting on activities that encourage development of the social work in the Grampians region
- Advocate social work areas such as direct practice, research, social work education and across systems.
Open to all social workers in the Grampians Region (members and non-members of the AASW). No cost to join.
The Practice Group will meet bi-monthly during the first 12-months.
22 November 2019
6.00 - 7,30pm, Social Dinner & Networking at Cubby Haus
Email email@example.com to attend.
1 August 2019
Social Lunch & Networking, Golden City Hotel
1 May 2019
Social Lunch & Networking, Oscar's
5 June 2019
Supervision Training, Ballarat
6 March 2019
GRSWPG: Social Work Identity, Ethics, Accreditation and the Rural/Regional Context' Update
Federation University, Ballarat
27 November 2018
Reflections on Social Work Identity Seminar
21 August 2018
Social Work Credentialing Seminar and Trivia Night
22 May 2018
Practice Group Launch
About the Grampians Region
The GRSWPG includes the municipalities of Ballarat, Ararat, Golden Plains, Hepburn, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Moorabool, Northern Grampians, Pyrenees, West Wimmera and Yarriambiack.
Visit http://www.health.vic.gov.au/regions/grampians/about.htm for a regional health status profile.
Contact the Victorian Branch
Level 7, 14-20 Blackwood Street
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Parkville Vic 3050
12 December 2019
20 January 2020
3 February 2020
20 February 2020
25 February 2020