Latrobe Valley Social Work Practice Group
Phone: 0402 984 959
LVSWPG Committee Members
Margaret Batley, Co-Convenor
Charity Sims-Jenkins, Secretary
Jodie Baker, Committee Member
Ignacio Rodriguez, Committee Member
Eunice Donvan, Committee Member
Committee positions Co-Convenor and Treasurer are open for people to nominate.
Pictured right: View west along Post Office Pl towards Post Office and Franklin St. Courtesy of Travel Victoria.
To provide a space for social workers in the Latrobe Valley to network, strengthen their social work identity and promote the social work profession.
- To promote the value of the social work profession
- To provide a space for social workers to network with one another
- To provide social workers with an opportunity to build and reclaim their social work identity
- To reduce isolation among social workers
- To inform and influence the AASW branch regarding regional and national issues relevant to social work practice and values
- To connect Gippsland social workers to the AASW Branch
- To support the personal and professional development of social workers
Social workers and social work students who are eligible for AASW membership.
2019 meetings (except for February) are booked at Tutorial Room 1, Monash Education Precinct, Latrobe Regional Hospital, Traralgon.
To register for a Latrobe Valley Practice Group event visit Victorian Branch CPD events to view a list of events.
Tip: CPD is listed in chronological order or search for the word 'Latrobe' by selecting Control+F and search for 'Latrobe'.
- Thursday 12 December, 2019 12 pm to 1:30 pm - LRH - Legal Issues of Capacity in the Health Arena, lunch provided by Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- Wednesday 7 August 2019, 5:30 pm to 7 pm - LRH
- Monday 9 September 2019, 12 pm to 1:30 pm - LRH
- Friday 11 October 2019, 12 pm to 1:30 pm - LRH
- Mon 11 November 2019, 5:30 pm to 7 pm - LRH
- Thursday 11 July 2019, 12 pm to 1:30 pm - LRH
- Friday 7 June 2019, 12 pm to 1:30 pm - LRH - Welcome New Committee & Discuss Future Directions
- Thursday 9 May 2019, 5:30 pm to 7 pm - LRH. Topic: Gamblers Help CANCELLED
- Tuesday 5 February 2019, 5 pm to 6 pm with guest speaker Anneka Farrington, AASW Victorian Branch Manager at Moe Library (follows Building Resilience & Preventing Radicalisation to Violent Extremism - An Awareness Raising Workshop).
- Thursday 7 March 2019, 12 pm to 1:30 pm - LRH. Topic: Supporting Students on Placement
- Monday 8 April 2019, 12 pm to 1:30 pm - LRH. Topic: Legal Education Session - Documentation, Report Writing and Attending Court presented by Slater and Gordon Lawyers
The Latrobe Valley Social Work Practice Group are very excited that their practice group has been awarded a sponsorship of $500 for 2019 by Slater and Gordon Lawyers.
Slater and Gordon Lawyers are the only private law firm in Australia offering a social work service. So if you have emotional or practical concerns while you're our client, you can access free assistance from our social workers via referral from your legal team. Our team is highly experienced and can assist you with a wide range of issues that may be affecting you. Read more about Slater and Gordon Social Work Services.
An office close to you is located at 2-4 George St, Morwell VIC 3840.
Contact the Victorian Branch
Level 7, 14-20 Blackwood Street
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Parkville Vic 3050
2 February 2020
10 February 2020
20 February 2020
25 February 2020
17 March 2020